Nicaragua with Maxine!
February 2 – 9, 2017
February 2nd – 9th.
Nicaragua. Pacific Ocean Facing. Long Sandy Beach. Long Stretched Out Sunny Days. Time to find you.
Yoga, Free Time, Heart Opening Excursions, Eye Opening Sights, A New Experience and Story, and above all the WARMTH.
Maxine will be visiting Nicaragua and staying at Brisas Del Mar as she is curious to build a connection with Tone and the centre for future trips. The itinerary may fluctuate depending on who comes and what interests they bring along. Maxine’s main intention for going down is exploration and R&R.
Below you will find an example day if you opt to join Maxine on excursions. The price for the excursion package would be $75 – $100 on top of your stay, and the itinerary can build as people register.
Welcoming anyone who just wants to come down and hangout by the ocean, join on excursions, practice daily yoga, or who wants to share their teachings as well!
April Barker who runs The Studio in Durham will be joining and has Zumba to share, along with an adventurous spirit. For those of you who come to Tone regularly you likely have met Bill Hutchison (owner of The Painted Wardrobe in Owen Sound),who will also be joining. Both April and Bill have already booked for a stay in December- and who knows, if Bill likes it, he may just stay there!
Jiquilillo Nicaragua is approx. a 4 hour ride from the International Airport of Managua.
& about 5,792.6 km away from your daily routine.
Why I am Interested in Brisas Del Mar:
I am interested in creating a relationship with a hotel / retreat center abroad that would lend itself well to accommodating Yoga and Service based retreats for Tone in the future.
I support the work that Brisas Del Mar, (friends, family, and owners of) are doing within the community of Jiquilillo. They have donated time, energy and funds to initatives within the community- that which I am interested in taking part of such as volunteer work at schools, and lending my support to those who reside in the El Limonel dump.
The co-owners, Megan and Andy Evans, are from Port Elgin Ontario, where they live when they are not in Nicaragua. This makes for easier coordination, and a direct benefit to local business owners as well as those far away, who are much outside of our own daily routine. They have efforted to benefit the community of Jiquilillo- see here an article in Shoreline Beacon.
I am curious to explore the area and see what Tone can offer just as much as what Brisas Del Mar can offer Tone! Join me for a week of sunshine, R&R and experience!
Okay…I’m intrigued – so what are the details?
February 2nd – 9th (7 nights and 8 days)
- $550.00 US per person / fan or air conditioning (double occ)
roughly 730.00 CAN.
- $750.00 US per person / single room with Air Conditioning
roughly 1000.00 CAN
- $300 CAN deposit due by January 10th to Maxine. Please email directly to inquire about deposit details.
These deposits are non refundable but are put towards your total cost.
- Your Stay (pacific ocean facing room, backdrop of palm trees and volcanoes)
- All meals for your stay, inspired by local flavors and foods (special diets can be accommodated!)
- Free Access to Bikes and Surfboards
- 5 minute bike ride from a beautiful estuary
- Estuary visit and Sea Turtle release
The Itinerary of Amazing Excursions, there is a lot to choose from!
$75 – $100 added to your total cost if you opt in for an excursion itinerary along with Maxine.
The itinerary will develop as registrations come in. There will be an information night in January.
- El Limonel Dump Lunch sponsorship
- Volcano boarding and/or City of Leon
- Shopping / Market Trips
- Hiking Volcan Cosiguina or San Cristobal
- Estuary kayak tour / birdwatching / fishing
- Volunteering at English schools
Plans are subject to *Nica Time:
They are under the influence of the group and the experiences that arise. Example, we may find out there’s a coffee plantation nearby and decide to do a tour. Or some may choose to go hiking and others may want to some markets.
Lists from Brisas Del Mar
HELPFUL TO BRING ALONG:
- It’s a very warm climate day and night so pack appropriately.
- sandals and sturdy shoes (runners or hikers)
- bug spray(with deet is more effective)
- American Currency
- Credit and debit cards work, with credit being the most reliable. Usually a surcharge to process either card
- Headlamps or flashlight
- excursions costs (aside from Sea Turtle Release and Estuary Visiting)
- trips from and to the airport from Brisas Del Mar (Van on average costs $120, split between all)
- save some $ for shopping!
Flights are ranging between $460 – $670 depending how you book
here are some links for flight finding sites ~
It is recommended to stay in Managua the day that you arrive. There is a Best Western right across the road from the airport and many other affordable places to stay close by. That way the next morning we can all catch a ride to Brisas at the same time, and enjoy the sight seeing in the sunlight, get to Brisas for lunch, and then chill out the rest of the day.