YINsights and Sounds with Vicki Rowsell RYT 200, Tibetan Singing Bowl Practitioner
Wednesdays in June
7:15 – 8:30 pm, 2017
7, 14, 21, 28
YINsights and Sounds is a Yin yoga class aimed to calm the mind and open up the body with postures that are explored on the floor and held for several minutes. Yin yoga conditions the deeper connective tissues and stimulates the meridians in the body, allowing for improved flexibility and energy flow. The slower pace of this practice and longer holds also facilitates mindful meditation and body awareness.
A meditation with Tibetan singing bowls will follow during an extended Savasana to deepen relaxation, balance energy, and promote healing.
What will you discover in this practice?
– The difference between Yin and Yang energy.
– The importance of Yin yoga as a self-care tool.
– The three main functions of Yin yoga.
– Introduction to Tibetan planetary singing bowls and sound healing.
No prior experience is necessary. Dress in layers for a comfortable, cozy practice.
One Class: $15.00 cash or cheque
4 week June Series: $48, cash, cheque or online
Or click below to register and pay at Tone with cash or cheque:
Vicki became a Certified Yoga Teacher in 2014 after studying Vinyasa and Yin yoga, as well as energy work at Yandara Yoga
Institute in Baja, Mexico.
As a life-long student, she continues to expand her knowledge with additional yoga teacher training. Her curiosity has also led her to take courses on Ayurveda, Indian mythology, and meditation. Her most recent passion is sound healing, and she loves to incorporate Tibetan singing bowls into her yoga teaching.
Vicki’s classes are both light-hearted and insightful. She strives to create a balance between purposeful teaching and holding space for self-discovery. Her students are encouraged to explore their unique experiences with yoga, and to be mindful in both fluid movement, as well as stillness. Vicki is a forward-bend fanatic and lover of long savasanas. She continues to be inspired by this magical practice every day!
Education and Training
- BA honours in English Literature, York University, 2008
- Masters in Environmental Studies, York University, 2012
- 200 HR YTT at Yandara Yoga Institute, November 2014
- Reiki Level I & II with Allison Eaton, November 2014
- Introduction to Tibetan Singing Bowls with Lisa Wilvert, April 2016
- Level 1 Tibetan Singing Bowl Practitioner Training with Lisa Wilvert, July 2016
- Level 2 Tibetan Singing Bowl Practitioner Training with Lisa Wilvert, August 2016
100 HR Yin, Restorative, and Bhakti Yoga YTT at Yandara Yoga Institute, November 2016
- The Living Yoga Online Immersion with Natalie Rousseau
- The 30 Day Illumination: Meditation Challenge with Natalie Rousseau
- Sacred Story: Online Mythology Course with Natalie Rousseau